pc加拿大At the beginning, UNC’s academic life developed in the city downtown area. By late ‘40s and early ‘50s the first buildings were built in the university campus located just a few minutes away from the city centre. Gradually, Faculties moved to the campus. In 2000 the Rectorate and central administration offices were relocated as well.
Today, university life takes place in different areas:
• The Campus: 109 hectares where most faculties, schools, sports fields, the Rectorate, and the central administration offices are located.
• Downtown: Home to a few faculties and schools, libraries, museums, an astronomical observatory as well as some administrative offices.
• The University Hospital Area in Alberdi neighbourhood.
pc加拿大 • Vaquerías: A 380-hectare nature reserve and hotel available to the university community located in hilly Valle Hermoso in the Province of Cordoba.
- The Biblioteca Mayor: UNC oldest library which holds more than 120 000 works of great value from all branches of learning, catalogs, and special book collections.
- The Manzana Jesuítica: In 2000, the site was declared UNESCO World Heritage and it comprises a number of buildings such as UNC former Rectorate, the Jesuit Library, the Biblioteca Mayor, the UNC Historical Museum, UNC Faculty of Exact, Physical and Natural Sciences, the Monserrat National College, the National Academy of Sciences and the Church of the Society of Jesus.
- The Astronomical Observatory: It was Argentina’s first scientific institution and it is currently devoted to research, popular science, and university education.
-The Bosque Alegre Astrophysical Station: Its telescope aids research development on the structure and chemical composition of stars and galaxies.
-The Mario Gulich Institute of High Spatial Studies: The Institute is committed to the development of advanced early alert models for natural emergencies and tele-epidemiology.
This pharmaceutical university laboratory develops and commercializes products derived from human plasma. Created in 1963, it is South America’s greatest fractionation plant for the production and commercialization human plasma.
The Laboratory supplies the domestic market with high quality medicines at low cost and exports plasma to ten Latin American countries. It also processes human bone tissue for dental and traumatological implants and develops generic injectable medicines.
The University Hospital (1913) and the Maternity and Neonatology Hospital (1932) provide healthcare to the Cordoba’s community and serve as training centers for undergraduate and graduate programs in medical sciences.